Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Vampire Disclaimer

It's time for a short sentence I like to call The Vampire Disclaimer. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author, and do not reflect those of my employer (whoever that may be), and in fact do not reflect anything.

To be unconventional and irritating, I've saved the greeting to my new blog fans,--and the explanation for the blog itself--for the second post. That goes to my mission of driving left and right wing extremists crazy.

Welcome to Ghost in The Back of My Head. Lisa Loeb fans will know that it comes from her song "Do You Sleep?" and references the following section:

" I saw you as you walked across my room.
You looked out the window, you looked at the moon.
And you sat on the corner of my bed, and
you smoked with the ghost in the back of my head."

Thank you, Lisa. I think the phrase I've borrowed is a great way to illustrate that I am a political Independent, listening to no one but the ghost in the back of my head, and inviting you to commune with him if you dare. I reject the notion that we must swallow an entire party platform, as I find the platforms of both the Democratic and Republican parties internally inconsistent. That is not to say that I will confine my comments here to politics. But it will explain, for example, why I'm on the side of the environment, and at the same time on the side of the USA. It will explain to anyone who is paying attention why I'm a social liberal and still for law and order. In the next few years, a similar combination may come to be known as a Guiliani Republican whether he is in office or not. Nonetheless, if you imagine we are the same, or that I am endorsing any candidate at this point, or being conventional in any way, please reread The Vampire Disclaimer above.

As the magnificent Maggie Estep used to say, "I've got a f---ing song in my heart, so let's go."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nope, still right in line with what you write, or think, or whatever you want to call it. But I'll keep searching!